What are you and your special someone doing on Valentine’s Day? Dinner and a movie? Fun but crowded, and perhaps slightly clichéd. Do something different this year, celebrate the holiday at your favorite place, home!
For A Valentine’s Date Night –
- Cook an elegant dinner. Make something you’ve never made before and do it together. Pour a couple glasses of wine, talk, laugh, and have fun together.
- Camp out in the living room, take out the air mattress and layer it with your most comfortable pillows and blankets. Rent some romantic classics like Casablanca, Roman Holiday, and It Happened One Night. And, of course, popcorn, chocolate, and wine is a must!
- Pull out those old dusty photo albums. A romantic date night is the perfect setting to reminisce over those old photos. Celebrate the time you’ve had together and the experiences you’ve shared.
- Game for a game night? We all have those old board games packed away somewhere. Valentine’s Day could be a great opportunity to bring those back out. Light some candles, order a pizza, and get competitive. Can you spell LOVE? That’s 7 points.
- Have a Spa night. Bubble bath and massages! You can’t ask for a better evening than that.
For A Fun Night With The Kids On Valentine’s Day –
- Build a fort and have a camp out in your living room (complete with s’mores and hot dogs). Light the fireplace and bring out the flash lights. Make sure you bring out those stuffed animals to share in the fun.
- Make Valentine’s Day cards for Grandma, Grandpa, mom, dad, aunts, uncles, and friends. Remember, they don’t have to be only two dimensional – break out the glue, macaroni, and candy hearts.
- Have a Disney movie party – dress up like pirates, princesses, or their favorite Disney character. Make some food and hit the “play” button.
- Make and decorate heart shaped sugar cookies! (…but only if you get to call dibs on licking the bowl! Yum!).
- Have a cozy night with hot chocolate and read your kids’ favorite books. Act out the parts with your kids and encourage the silliness!
No matter what you choose to do for Valentine’s Day, take the time to share it with those you love most, have fun together, and use it as a reminder to be thankful for all the love you have in your life.
Solid Rock Custom Homes has been remodeling and building custom homes in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area and the surrounding El Paso, Douglas and Teller counties since 1995. We would love to sit down with you to discuss or dream with you about your custom home. Please contact us at 719-494-0932 or request a consultation here. Check out some of our beautiful projects at http://www.houzz.com/pro/solid/solid-rock-custom-homes.